Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Princess poncho

After spotting a great pattern on the Lion brand site and acquiring some rather rare cream coloured Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn here in Australia, I decided to make my daughter her very own "Fairy Tale Poncho." It was so quick to knit up on the 8 mm needles and grew before my very eyes! Unfortunately I required a little bit more yarn than was suggested in the pattern (1 ball) and I had to source some from a business called American Yarns here in Brisbane. Lion Brand wouldn't ship overseas (how silly is that!) which delayed the whole process for a few weeks.

I tried crocheting the border in a pink (favoured princess colour!) similar weight yarn but wasn't happy with the rather chunky result so I undid it and tried again with an aqua blue mohair blend yarn from my stash. Much better! I finished it with a twisted tab and a smooth timber button and voila, a very happy, very warm princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment